Webinar: Asymmetric Multiprocessing on heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems with OpenAMP09.05.2023
Variscite is pleased to host a guest webinar presented by Mr. David Kauschke from Ingenics Digital. Heterogenous multiprocessor systems on a chip (MPSoC) have become increasingly popular for industrial applications in recent years due to their high performance, lower cost and energy efficiency. In particular, the use of many different integrated processors running different operating systems poses multiple challenges. This architecture is also known as Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP).
- What is the motivation for using multiprocessor systems and use cases
- Basics about multiprocessor systems and Asymmetric Multiprocessing (AMP)
- Implementation of the developed AMP system with the selected OpenAMP framework with embedded
- Linux on the ARM Cortex-A35 and FreeRTOS on the ARM Cortex-M4 using the VAR-SOM-MX8X based on the NXP i.MX 8X as an example
- Latency evaluation results for the inter-processor communication (IPC) based on the OpenAMP implementation
David Kauschke, Software Developer, Ingenics Digital
Tal Semo, Managing Director Sales and Marketing - The Americas, Variscite
Webinar "Asymmetric Multiprocessing on heterogeneous Multiprocessor Systems with OpenAMP"